“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
The Site Collects Your Information
We collect Personal Information when:
· you provide it to us directly;
· we obtain it from your device(s) and your use of our Services, including through cookies, web beacons, and other internet technologies; and
· we obtain from third-party sources.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Site.
Using the Site. We collect information you provide through the Site. For example, when you sign up for our Services, emails from us, share information or content on the Site, and submit any form of communication or information, the Site will collect the information you provide in any such submissions, including any Personal Information.
Making a Payment. When you make a payment through the Site, you may need to provide financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We do not collect or store such information, though we may receive summary information about transactions that does not include credit card or bank account numbers, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and any comments or notes you submit.
Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team.
Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies. The Site collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. When we associate such information with Personal Information, we will treat the combination as Personal Information.
When you use the Site or receive emails from us, we and our third-party partners, such as analytics providers, use “cookies”, "web beacons" and other similar technologies to collect information about how the Site or email is accessed. We collect at least the following: the date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit
The information we collect in this respect is:
· your domain name and host for Internet access;
· your browser type and operating system;
· IP address and device identifiers;
· your browsing behavior on our Services, such as the date and time you access the Site, the amount of time spent viewing our online Services and the links you click within our online Services;
· websites you visit before or after our websites;
· whether you have opened or forwarded our e-mails or connected to offers or links that we send you; and
· your general or specific geographic location, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals to the extent permitted by the settings of your devices.
NOTE: If you use our internet connection, networks, telecommunications systems or information processing systems, your activity and any files or messages on those systems may also be monitored by Un[CO]mmon at any time, in accordance with applicable law, for purposes of an investigation or to ensure compliance with company policies.
Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When they provide such services, they are governed by their own privacy policies. You may be able to change browser settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Site through a web browser. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
By using the Site, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Site.
How Un[CO]mmon Uses Your Information
We use Personal Information to:
Sharing of Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances to the following parties:
- Among Member companies. Our services are provided by affiliates of Un[CO]mmon depending on where you are located and the services you use. Un[CO]mmon shares personal information with those affiliates for the purposes mentioned above. These affiliates use your information in accordance with this policy.
- Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. For example, we may rely on service providers to host data and platforms, fulfill our product and service requests and answer your questions, send e-mails on our behalf, process payment card or other transactions, and analyze data to improve our products and services.
Other Parties When Required by Law and as Necessary to Provide and Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to provide you with the services you or your company or organization request, such as a disclosure of your information to a landlord in connection with a lease agreement, or to auditors or consultants;
- to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement;
- to detect, suppress, and prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; or
- to protect our rights, property, and safety or that of any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees and where otherwise required by law.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We will disclose your personal information to an acquirer in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to that third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
- Third-Party Partners, With Your Consent. We may request your consent to share personal information about you with third parties so that they may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you.
- Other Parties at Your Company’s or Organization’s Direction. In addition to the disclosures described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties when your company or organization requests such sharing. For example, we periodically may partner with third parties to make products or services available to individual members or participating companies and organizations. If you or your company or organization requests to participate, we may share your information with the relevant third party in connection with the requested product or service.
- Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We also share with third parties information in a manner that does not identify particular individuals, for example, information that has been aggregated with other records.
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Site. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve any of our services.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us for informational and operational purposes, such as customer service, system maintenance, and other Site-related information.
Marketing. We may use information, including Personal Information, to email you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. For example, we may email you if you sign up for our emails or when you make a donation through the Site.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Site and use it for any purpose.
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers we use to help us provide the Site.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of Un[CO]mmon assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
With Your Permission. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected it.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
Your California Privacy Rights
You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
California residents who are registered members or users of the Services and are under the age of 18 may be entitled under California law to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Services. You may request such removal by emailing us at email@example.com. In your request, please provide a description of the material that you want removed and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including your name, email address, year of birth, mailing address (including city, state, and zip code) and the subject line “California Removal Request.” Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Our Address for Legal Notices:
Att: gouncommon.com Website, c/o Un[CO]mmon Concepts LLC. 55 2nd street Suite 1900, San Francisco, CA 94105 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: April 26, 2018